Pets spayed/neutered to date: 441
Low Cost Spay/Neuter is available to everyone
We will provide transportation of pets and feral cats to a low cost spay/neuter clinic operated in a neighboring community. This service involves transporting large groups of animals at one time to the clinic and returning them to the owners at the end of the day.
Free Spay/Neuter is available to Income Qualified Citizens of Brazos County
to a new grant from the state "Pet Friendly" license plate fund
(Department of State Health Services), we will be able to cover the
costs of the spay/neuter procedure for income qualified and special circumstance residents. For
all others, the services are provided at a low cost.
The process for both programs involves the following:
- Sign-ups (register only - no spays/neuters on that day)
- Location: El Ahorro, 2001 Highway 21 East, Bryan, TX 77803
- The forms you will fill out at the sign-up are available here for you to print, complete and bring with you for a faster sign-up.
- Bring with you:
- Proof (certificate) of valid Rabies vaccination - if none, then you will have to pay ($12.50) to get one when the surgery is done. This applies to both cats and dogs and to both the free and low cost programs.
- Dog owners should bring a recent photo showing the size of their dog(s) at the time of sign-up. Please, do not bring your pet to the sign-up. The transport van can only hold a certain number of animals of certain sizes, and we need to plan accordingly. Accurate weights and heights are needed to assign kennel space.
- Payment (cash only at this time) - See No cost and Low cost options.
The calendar below shows the dates of the sign-ups and the dates of the transports. As new dates are added, the calendar will be updated.
- Do not give food or water to pet after 9 pm on the night before surgery. Complete instructions for the night before surgery are available with the forms.
- Pets that have been signed up will be picked up at El Ahorro, 2001 Highway 21 East, Bryan, TX 77803 at 6:30 am on the morning of the clinic day. Then, they will be transported to the clinic for the surgery.
- Pets will then be returned to their owners at the same location between 5:30 and 6:30 pm.